Social Sheffield Food Editor, Tania Tailor picks her Top Three “Eat Social” Recommendations for those eating out in Sheffield, 31 Aug. – 6 Sept. 2015.
1. – Scallop Week @ The York, The Old House, The Broadfield, The British Oak and The Crown & Anchor
Five venues will be going scallop crazy from 28th August to 6th September. The chefs at each location are serving up a different menu featuring six scallop dishes for the ten days. The Broadfield’s creations include seared scallops with chorizo, black pudding and saffron orzo; or a scallop surf and turf served with a 5oz fillet steak – unmissable for seafood lovers!
2. – Claypots @ Saigon 68
Arguably the best Vietnamese food in Sheffield, London Road’s Saigon 68 has a welcoming and quirky atmosphere. The huge menu ranges from dumplings and salt and pepper squid to the famous pho, but I would personally recommend the clay pot dishes. These are substantial and come full of great quality seafood or meat and perfectly seasoned vegetables.
3. – The Early Bird Menu @ Thyme Cafe
Thyme Cafe is an understated yet always reliable choice, and their early bird menu is an absolute steal. From 11-3 and 5-7 you can enjoy two courses for £13 for three courses for £16 – including a drink! This menu changes daily but recent dishes have included spiced crab arancini for starters, falafel and feta burgers and spicy chorizo spaghetti for mains, and sticky toffee pudding for dessert.
Latest posts by Tania Tailor (see all)
- Sheffield’s Top Five Japanese Restaurants - September 16, 2016
- Top Three “Eat Social” Picks for 31 Aug. – 6 Sept. - September 1, 2015
- Top Three “Eat Social” Picks for 17 – 23 Aug. - August 17, 2015